Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day of Mourning


Madame Lucy Francine Peridot


Monday Lucy our basset hound started vomiting alot. And by midday had became very week. She then started vomiting blood. By the time we got home from the office she was barely able to move. We carried her to the back room where the floor would be easier to clean. She barked almost nonstop from the time we went to bed until at least 2:00 am when I finally fell asleep. I woke up at 4:00 am and it was eerily quiet in the house. I knew she had probably slipped into doggy heaven, but I couldn't make myself get up to see. When we got up to get the kids ready for school Rod found her in the back room where it looks like she had peacefully slipped away in the night.

3 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Poor Lu Lu! I am so sorry!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Mom told me she had died. I'm really sorry. I liked Lu Lu. Do you think you will replace her?

Hope the kids are doing ok. It's funny. We live just down the street from each other and I never see you except on Sunday's. We are just toooo busy...lol.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

sorry about your dog. How have you guys been? Busy I'm sure. Brian is in Haiti thru till next week. Jess said Mark was there and going in too. My email is jsrausch@cox.net if you get the time to write would love to keep in contact that way. I've been busy working 40+ hours a week at my job. Would love to come to Fl! Write when you get the time. Jamie