Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We Miss You Daddy!!

Rod left Sunday evening for Texas for a week of training. It's a very rare occasion that we are ever apart as a family and that Rod I ever spend any time apart. I know for some people they often spend time away from each other but we just don't enjoy it. I for one just can't sleep well without him home. I know I may sound wierd, and it's not that I'm scared or anything but I just miss knowing he's there beside me. We have barely been apart in the almost 19 yrs we have been married . And this week (6 night apart) is the longest we have ever been separated. I definately do not enjoy it. Especially trying to manage a family of 5 children alone. The everyday tasks are all on one person and it is not fun. I am exhausted mentally and physicaly. My hats are off to any single parents who have to do this all by themselves all the time. I don't envy them one bit.
Anyhow, the kids were given a horse to paint by their dad when he left. And below are some pictures of them trying to paint their horses to show him when he gets home. They didn't do too bad and we didn't even have any paint messes to clean up. Yeah!






Zach intently working away



The girls look like they are enjoying their project

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a single parent is definitely different although as you have learned to function as a family with your husband, single parents learn to function without their husband/wife. I write about my daily happenings, if you want a glimpse, check t out every once in a while. ;)