Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas day 2008

This year we spent Christmas at home here in Florida. Someone needed to stay behind and run the office so we could service anyone who needed any insurance. Our oldest Lex flew in on Tuesday and was here for a week in the warm weather. We also had some friends, Kenny & Janet who came down to get out of the cold northern weather. I have to tell on myself , as I usually am one that has everything together for the most part when it comes to preparing a big meal. Let's just say this year I really messed up. I guess with the busyness of trying to get everything done as we worked a half day on christmas eve and then Rod & I headed to Stuart to grab a few last minute stocking stuffers and a gift. As we headed back home we pulled through Winn Dixie grocery store to see what time they were open till since we had not bought anything for our Christmas dinner. An employee was coming out and Rod rolled his window down and asked the employee how late they were open . She proceeded to say normal hours. Wow!I thought that was great(unusual) but great. We rushed home to get our pizza ordered so we could eat dinner with our company & Kevin & Becky were coming over also. We laughed and cut up for quite awhile and we decided about 8:00pm we should get to the store. Well.... The store was closed. Now what do we do? We really messed up!! We drove on up toward Stuart to see if anything was open, No luck! Now what? We ended up at Walgreens where I think most everyone else decided it was their only last minute gift option. I grabbed a gallon of milk , dozen eggs, and a pack of bacon to get us through breakfast with some other things I had at home. Luckily the store was open from 8-3 on Christmas. Needless to say, we ended up having dinner rather than lunch.

We got up and Santa Clause came to see us. He gave all the kids some gum and a present and even gave Lex her two front teeth she said she wanted when asked about her gifts. After santa left we ate breakfast and then opened our presents. They got several wii games and one that was the hit...Guitar hero. We now have several teens who want to come play. I've even gotten a few songs that I can actually play well. Brittany was quite surprised because we took off the outside cover to it...so she didn't have a clue what it was till she opened the box and saw the guitar. I think everyone was happy with their gifts. I put together a slideshow from the day.



No comments: