Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Long story short

Lets see how we can narrow this story down. Friday evening I get a phone call from my oldest daughter Lex in Ohio. She wanted to know if I had received anything. I was a little in the dark, so wasn't sure what to say, but No I had not. She preceded to tell me she had sent flowers and they were to be delivered to me at work by 5pm.
So , I got the picture of what was happening and they preceded to call 1-800 Flowers where they had ordered from. WE got the picture that they were to be delivered Saturday. Well of course noone is at the office on Saturdays, so we posted a note with Rod's cell phone # to call and waited.
No call came in. So No mother's day gift arrived. Monday was the next opportunity and they still never arrived by 2pm. So they called again and were told a local florist would be called and would have a delivery by 5pm Monday. Still no flowers showed.
Tuesday, about 11:30 am my flowers arrived in a box, and half dead. Below you'll see that picture.





My half dead Mother's day flowers


These finally arrived Tuesday about 4pm . Much Better.



Lets just say , Rod made a nice phone call to customer service and the flowers were to be free. And we are to receive a coupon for 20% off the next order. Let's just say there won't be any future purchases from this dis-satisfied customer.

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

That is so awful. I'm so sorry for you!! At least you did finally get a beautiful bouquet, but what a trip getting them to you. I don't blame Rod for calling. And WOW!! a 20% off coupon is nice to. I'm sorry your flowers were such a mess. Happy Belated Mother's Day.