Saturday, May 5, 2007

Andrea's party....



This was on Wednesday. She was so disappointed she wouldn't get a cake on her birthday , So I made cupcakes!

Andrea with her yummy cake!


A close up of the cake. It was white and chocolate because she likes both and she wanted Strawberry shortcake on it.


On her new bike. She was so excited!

Tonight we had a small party for Andrea. We were having Phil & Lora Gray over so decided to make it the night to have the birthday cake. As they are always deliciously made by our Friend Cindy Marroquin, we really don't need to eat all of it by ourselves. We had a nice visit with friends we don't get to see very often. It's pretty sad when we live within walking distance and still can't find the time to get together but a few times a year. This was suppose to have been done in March with them, but life was too busy with all the birthdays in the family and all. So we have fallen into May. Anyhow, we had some good food on the grill and some good fellowship and a good cake too. Above are a few pictures of the marvelous works that Cindy does on her cakes. I don't know how she does it. She is so talented. Of course
I can't draw, so could imagine what a cake would turn out like if I tried. Andrea also got a new bike from us. It seems as if you need a new one every so often with living here on the water. They rust up so fast. I can't count all the bikes we have been through in the ten years we have lived here.

1 comment:

kayla said...

I did my best to disinfect my kids before letting them out. I do hear that it's going around the schools though.