Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The load is much easier


A few weeks ago our washing machine which was on its last leg finally died altogether. We had already fixed it once about 6 months ago and decided that rather than put the money into fixing it again we would buy a new set. A little frustrating when it was only about 5 years old anyhow. But for whatever reason all our appliances from GE have been junk although they were brand new 5 years ago. But that's another story, we won't go into at this point in time of the many times they all have been fixed. After many trips to Lowes and Home Depot and many other appliance places and lots of research, we finally decided on the front load models. They save on water, which is a plus if your paying a water bill. The average washer uses about 40 gallons of water per wash they say. I believe it after cleaning up the mess off my floor that ruined my wood . Also after my washer finally died and wouldn't spin out I had to empty many times a wet and dry vac sucking water out of my machine to get my clothes out. Also the fact that they don't agitate as they wash which wears your clothes out much faster. The front loaders use about 6 gallon's of water and turn your clothes to wash them. They are much quieter, use less soap because it is a concentrated special kind that you use. Also one nice feature on the one we bought was the silver care option which uses siver ions to sanitize. A nice feature when someone gets sick and bedding needs washed. Also these washers spin your clothes at about 1100- 1300 RPM's compared to 600 RPM's on a standard washer. Which means your clothes are dryer coming out of the washer which makes for shorter drying time. Yeah! I'm all for saving time and money on the electric bill. And the big drum in the washer means you can cram more in. Yippee! So after having a washer that was having technical difficulties I was sooooo excited when my new one was delivered. My family thought I was crazy. I sat and watched the first load wash for about 10 min. and was amazed at how much fresher my clothes smelled and dryer they felt coming out of the wash cycle. They all have decided I am not crazy, even Meagan likes to go peek in and watch them wash or dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the washer and dryer. I bet you can get some big loads done, and girl, you needed that!! Looks great!! Gale