Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Miss Andrea Renay Brown!!

Six years ago today Andrea made her journey into this big bad world. I remember going to bed on the night of May 1st thinking I was probably in labor. I didn't tell Rod so I wouldn't alarm him. But went to bed feeling some slight pains, thinking maybe it was just wishful thinking. As I laid in bed and watched the clock and timed the pains they would become closer then farther apart. So, even though this was # 5 , I still had my doubts. Although I had never before had any false labor with any of them. As I continued to time them, and breathe through the pain, I was debating about what time I should wake Rod up to let him know. It wasn't long till the decision was made for me because my water broke all over the bed. I reached over and touched his arm and it was like he knew what was happening. I've never seen him jump out of bed so fast. We called the midwife and told her we would meet her at the Women's center.I decided to take a shower before leaving so I wouldn't feel so yuk! The midwife had also been staying the night in Hobe Sound because of her nights on call she would stay with a friend who could watch her daughter if she were to be called in. As we made our way to Stuart on A-1-A we came up on another van going fairly fast ,but not as fast as Rod. We passed her! She assumed it was us, so she told us she decided she better speed up too, because it must be coming pretty fast and she didn't want to miss it. We both arrived at the center at the same time. No time for checkups or normal procedure. I was dilated to 10 and ready to push. Andrea was born within 15 min after arrival at the center long before the nurse got there. I'd say we almost cut it a little short.



Andrea was 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 "




Me and Midwife Barb McCarthy shortly after birth




Going home a few hours after Andrea was born



A favorite. When she started crawling she would just fall asleep anywhere. I found her many times in the dogs bed.



Another favorite! She thought she was a hollywood star playing the piano!


Another favorite from a couple years ago. This shows the sweet and innocent side!


I have to say the past 6 years have been interesting. Andrea is the hair stylist in the family. She has to brush and fix everyones hair. She loves to play and to fight with all her other siblings. She is very voicetress(sp)and keeps us all on our toes. But I wouldn't have it any other way without her.
Happy birthday Andrea. We all love you very much!!

5 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Happy Birthday, Andrea! She looks like such a sweetie!

I was happy to see a pic. of Barb! She helped with my delivery with Landen. She was a great midwife!

Mary Ellen said...

I just caught up on your last few blogs!

Your comment about Andrea being "voicetress" cracked me up. I don't know if you meant to hit the 'b' key instead of the 'v' key but for a lot of girls "voicetress" would be the perfect description instead of boistress (I don't know how to spell it either).

At least you didn't have to race down the highway for your last delivery, wow - 15 minutes is pushing it, I'm sure you are glad you made it there instead of delivering in the van. I know a lot of women miss the Women's Center.

Enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your pictures.

Betty said...

Mary Ellen,
She is very voicetress. She is very outspoken and lets us all know how it is. Think she's learning from her older sister Brittany who is becoming that way herself.

Truckin Teeds said...

Hope you're having a fun weekend? Do I smell a party?
Tell Andrea we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday to Andrea!! A sweet birth story and I just love Barb McCarthy :-)