Monday, June 18, 2007

The father's day ball game





We decided to take the message to heart and go take the kids to the park and play ball. We had alot of fun. Of course they all like something different now and then. I actually shocked myself and hit all but one or two balls that were thrown to me. I hadn't played ball in ages. Jessica was hitting them pretty good too. We had one mishap when Zach thought he would get below me way too close and play catcher. That happened to be one of the ball's I missed and it was thrown too low and hit Zach right on the forehead. So he now has a nice little bump! Otherwise we had alot of fun. Zach was determined we had to play and run the bases. So before we left we let each one hit the ball and run the bases. They thought that was the coolest thing in the world.They were in the big league you would have thought. Good thing we cleaned out our closet the night before and found the bats again. We just can't keep them out where they can have access to them or they'll beat each other to death. Guess we have another sport to play now. The kids are all old enough to enjoy playing ball other than Meagan. But I have a feeling she'll fit right in real quick. She was just loving the freedom to run around on some grass and not have anyone chasing her to keep her in her boundaries. We had a relaxing Father's day afternoon.

1 comment:

Misty said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I am the world's worst ball player but I like to watch the game :-)