Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time at the park



My two blondies Brittany & Andrea



Rod & I



The whole crew



Brittany & Meagan



I thought this was a pretty scene. Not sure my camera did it justice.


Yesterday was day number seven of strict dieting and excercising. It was beginning to hit me too. We are following the South Beach diet, which means very little to no carbs at all. I have to say, I am sick of eggs for breakfast. I could live with the bacon or sausage, but I am not the biggest egg fan. We have mainly stuck to salads for lunch, which are growing old too. And of course meat and veggies for dinner. By last night my head was pounding from lack of carbs and so I thought we would reintroduce a little bread into the diet to see if it would help. We went to the store to get some things for dinner, only to come home and remember that We were out of propane so we couldn't cook anyhow. So we decided very quickly it sounded like a night for pizza. The kids were excited for something new and were more than happy to get their shoes on and go along to pick it up. We took it to the park and had a picnic and took some pictures goofing around. We are back on the diet after one stray meal. I have lost 5 pounds. Yeah! Wish it could fall off faster, but gotta remember it didn't come on overnight. We are walking twice a day. Sometimes I feel like I just walked when I get up in the mornings after doing it the night before. AHH!! Why do diets have to be so hard? The headache is slightly better today. But we had to get up at 4AM to go the Ft Lauderdale airport to take friends . So I am extremely tired. Hopefully a good nights rest will help.

4 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Andrea and Brit hugging.

Keep up the good work on the diet. It's hard, but worth it.

Take Care!

Truckin Teeds said...

Way to Go! I'm gonna have to jump on this losing weight bandwagon. Y'all are gonna hafta help me... I have NO willpower!
Keep up the good work!

Making Memories 1999 said...

HI!!! Love the pictures of the kidlets on the side of your blog!!! Did you all take them? Very good job!!!

Good luck on the diet! Not easy, I know!!

It was so good to see you all when we were in FL!!! THANKS SO VERY MUCH for that WONDERFUL, TASTY Carmel Machiato (sp?) One request -- can you all share the recipe? It was so very good!!! I'd love to be able to make myself one here in IL - since I can't just walk down the canal and get one!! (heehee) (Good thing, as you all would get SICK of seeing me!!) :-) Again, it was good to see you all! Take care!!

kayla said...

Hey, I just did the egg thing for breakfast too. Maybe we should make ourselves accoutable to each other, like yell our weight out every time we pass each other on our street. How embarassing.
Remember me on you late night walks. I can't get away often, but would love the company.