Monday, March 5, 2007

the day after.....

Finally a day to relax from the weekend festivities. My house is trying to recover from all the parties. I actually think it's more of a mess today then it was all weekend. Guess I relaxed too much. I actually have done many loads of laundry. That's about all that's been accomplished. We took Jessica to get a new pair of glasses after school. That's always an adventure. But not like the one several weeks ago when we went and got contacts for her. Now that was fun!! I have never spent so long in Superwalmart in all my life. What we thought would be a short trip turned into 4 hours. And the sad part is most of it was spent in the vision center and not shopping. After finally getting in for the exam they showed Jessica how to put the contacts in, then of course removed them and had her do it. Well, that was easier said than done. We spent about 2 hrs or more with her trying. And the person helping was getting frustrated so they gave up. It was forever before someone else came in to help. And I had all the kids with us. They were getting tired and frustrated. Needless to say it was not a fun day. thank goodness she is getting better at getting them in, but we had an issue at school today, so thought we better get the glasses now rather than have problems later.
Also any of you who know Gay Armstrong, please pray for her and her family. She received a phone call at 3:30 this morning that her mother had a stroke. She is paralyzed on one side and no brain function on that side as well and her other leg is paralyzed. Gay is on her way home to see her mom and be with the family.
Rod is at a meeting tonight so guess I will continue to finish up the laundry and maybe sit down and read a book.

2 comments:

Truckin Teeds said...

Whew! What a weekend! Bet you're glad to have it over with. Hopefully you'll get a chance to catch your breath this week. Take care.

Mary Ellen said...

Doesn't it seem like with a large family (and you have one more at home then I do) that laundry is NEVER ENDING!!!! I tell Rick if I had all the hours back that I do laundry and ironing I'd have half my day back. "-) By the way, your kitchen looks really nice, great job.